Doug: First off, I would like to give a shout out to Boeing for not putting any sort of climate control on their 767 so that I could freeze my giblets off for 9 hours.
Erin: apparently that is all Doug has right now. We made it to Paris and after a scary 15 minutes of no baggage, ours finally showed up and we began to make the trek to the train to downtown Paris. Although it has been almost 5 years since I`ve been here, navigating the metros came back like it was yesterday. We checked in to our ¨glorious¨ ¨hotel¨ and began the site seeing day! we of course headed to the eiffel tower first and to feed doug as he was STARVING at this point. We had some crepes for dessert and then headed to the arc de triomphe and took a leisurely stroll down the champs elysees - of course we had to make a few ¨pit stops¨at some shops...then it was off to notre dame - which was amazing and Dougs favorite part of the day. We are going to have to go back though as it started raining and we quickly jumped in to a very nice italian restaurant for some dinner and my first of many glasses of wine of the trip...
well...sorry this isn't that interesting, but we haven't slept in a LONG TIME - maybe 36 hours, so we aren't that witty right now. below are a few quick pics from today. yes - all of the pics with both of us will have Doug's arm in them as we don't want to end up like the grisswolds and get our camera jacked. we hope everyone is doing well!
ps - I'm writing this with the crazy jacked up french keyboard...so...sorry for any mistakes and the lack of punctuation.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Erin & Doug!! It's Sam...My friend Rose and I would *love* to meet up with you on Thursday or Friday...
I checked your hotel and it's not that far from us..We're literally one block up from the Place de la Sorbonne and face the Sorbonne building, if that helps you at all...Let's chat about maybe doing drinks Friday night? Or maybe dinner...?
Don't worry about been witty! It sounds like a great first day! I'm so jealous.
I'm also jealous that you get to meet up with Sam! Y'all have fun! :)
You guys did a bunch for the first day and not sleeping - but then you can sleep when you get home.
Guess I'm not that computer literate - where are the pictures? I couldn't find them. Sorry.
hey Doug...its called a blanket...ask one of those people in the navy blue uniform for one next time
Post a Comment